Friday, January 28, 2005

Secret Pal 4 questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob ? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I must admit that I do prefer natural fibres, but whatever suits the job at hand. I don't really like novelty yarns, except the ones with silk etc...

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
nope, just knit and machine knit...do crocheted edges count?

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
yes, but I love animals, so I just wheeze quietly so as not to frighten them

4. How long have you been knitting?
almost 33 years...egads!

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
not yet, but have to remember to set one up before my birthday ( help for hubby)

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
vanilla, citrus (especially lime)

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
oh yes, chocolate? what caramel?

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I have just discovered that I enjoy playing with beads

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like a lot of different stuff, from Willie Nelson to Sarah Mclachlan to David Bowie to Crowded House. Yes I have a walkman that plays MP3s from disc

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
I love duck egg blue...I think I'm a winter

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have 3 teenage daughters at home,2 away from home, and stepson I haven't met yet, a husband, and my pet lives in NZ :-(

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
I would love to do up our country house, and build a barn-style studio for me, and live there for at least 1/2 the year, with me knitting and my husband consulting.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
wool, silk

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
100% acrylic, eyelash yarn

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
felted slippers, socks

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
baby clothes, creative and quick!

17. What are you knitting right now?
slippers to felt, and finishing a ballet cardi

18. What do you think about ponchos?
they are not me

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
circular
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
aluminum

21. Are you a sock knitter?
yes, both hand and machine

22. How did you learn to knit?
my mum taught me, and then I re-taught myself from a kids knitting book

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
I had to give away heaps of stuff when we moved, so my latest UFO is 3 days old :-)

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I love cats, tigers etc, Hello Kitty

25. What is your favorite holiday?
We went on safari in Africa 18 months ago, that made my LIFE!

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Fortune cats, yarn!