Saturday, March 26, 2005

vested interests...

Happy birthday to my beloved!
you don't look a day over 45 :-P

Blaise and I are making a huge carrot cake with cream cheese icing, and lots of cinnamon,cardomom and black pepper ( don't knock it till you've tried it!)

I have finished the back of his vest, after much swearing and cursing the knitting machine, took a break, oiled and cleaned everything, left the heater on with it for 1/2 an hour, and then it behaved for me.

I didn't want to make a boring all black vest, despite the man loving rugby, so played around with patterns and stitches once I had finished the back, the end result is this, I have used one end of 4ply Patons patonyle in a blend of blues, purples, greens and tan, note that the pattern is created by knitting 2 rows in the patonyle every 14 rows (for the sample) and leaving every tenth needle out of work, then when it is off the needles, working a chain stitch down the ladder with one end of patonyle ( ignore where I used 2 ends, ick!)the chain stitch doesn't take long at all, and avoids the bulky fabric and puckering that would be the result if I worked the pattern in fairisle.

It has come to my attention that Jason has been reading my blog, leave a comment if you dare! You will be greatly rewarded, I will make you chocolate cherry cookies.