Saturday, April 30, 2005

tag

Lucia tagged me:

here goes

1)Total number of books in your house: at a rough guess I would say 200...and there are another 600 or so in storage in our cottage. We read a LOT! and my uncle owns a new and used bookshop...so there are always more books... I love that my kids all read voraciously.

2)The last book you bought was: "The lost continent" by Bill Bryson, he notices the humour in the mundane, I really loved "A walk in the woods" about hiking the Appalachian trail, his descriptions of the other hikers are hilarious.

3)What was the last book you read before reading this? "The common thread" (about the human genome project), "Leaving Mother Lake" an incredible autobiography about a woman my age who spent her childhood in the remote mountains of China, and "Twisted sisters sock book" also "Parasite Rex" I like to have a few books on the go at the same time, and I love science books.

4)Write down 5 (or 6) books you often read or that mean a lot to you. "Backlash" Susan Faludi to remind me of how far we have come and how far we have left to go. Anything by Cynthia Heimel...to keep me laughing, same as anything by Bill Bryson, Clive James and PJ O'Rourke.
Fast Food nation, Atlas Shrugged, and Suze Orman's "The courage to be rich"

5)Who are you going to pass the stick to (three people) and why?

hmmm...I suppose, to Justy 'cos I like her views on life so I'd like to see what she reads,
to btchwstix 'cos we have a lot in common...ok well we have teenage girls in common...and I love her sense of humour, and Donna, 'cos she is so sweet, and is the knitting book queen!