Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Crikey - it sucks

Steve Irwin's death has to be the suckiest happening of the year, ok so he was brash, loud and right on the edge - but passion is passion, and he GOT THINGS DONE, so why do good people have to die and the rapists, murderers and terrorists are still roaming (the question is rhetorical)
Flash has a conference this weekend in Noosa, and I am going too, because he organised a rental car and everything so that I can spend a day at Australia Zoo, which I have been desperate to do since we arrived - now I am trepidatious- I will still go, but it will be sad.
Postscript:

"The animal world has finally taken its revenge on Irwin, but probably not before a whole generation of kids in shorts seven sizes too small has learned to shout in the ears of animals with hearing ten times more acute than theirs, determined to become millionaire animal-loving zoo owners in their turn."

can Germaine Greer just shut her mouth, what has she done for animal kind, the environment, women or anyone lately? - oh yeah, that's right, she released a pervy book about young boys - right. Ah if only a new age feminist would go hurl a Jimmy Choo spiked heel at Germaine's shrunken heart - that would be poetic justice.




I made these rattles on monday, I was dyeing yarn all day, and decided to dye some roving, and realised that it would look great as felt balls, they are fun to make, I finished them off by needle felting them all over and then putting them through a hot wash in the machine. The rattle part is made from beads in a Kinder surprise container.