Thursday, September 14, 2006

Home again

the wanderers have returned, and the laundry has been done, the damp rainforest smell still lingers on my jacket.

Jason did a great job of marshalling our girls, fed them well and helped with the homework - ahh I need a wife!

I did not get to Australia Zoo, I am getting over the disappointment - this was my second try at it - the weather was so bad that the bus trip was cancelled - I started out in the car, ever the intrepid explorer, but couldn't read the road signs through the downpour and finally admitted defeat. Every where we go I love exploring for wildlife, but we never see much - Flash has a theory - if you were above a nuclear explosion you would see devastation radiating out from the epicentre, well when I am looking for wildlife you would see the same pattern - the animals fleeing from me - I think his theory sucks.

We did visit a ginger factory on the way back to Brisbane, it was situated in a ginger garden and smelt like heaven, I had a ginger and cinnamon icecream whilst wandering, absolutely beautiful - we stocked up on ginger bears (sweets) and concentrated ginger extract for baking.

I then visited a family friend who has undergone a terrible medical misadventure, he is in hospital in Brisbane, and I was so glad I got to spend some time with him and report back to my parents who can't get here for a couple of weeks.

On the knitting front, I have finally published my Baby wrapover cardi for sale by digital download.


the pattern uses 4ply baby yarn, sizes 0-3,3-6,6-12 months, and has a unique all-in-one-piece construction, resulting in one seam to sew. I have also included a graph for the "Bubbles" colouway as a bonus extra.
This is the first time I have sold one of my patterns - wish me luck!