Friday, October 05, 2007

Friday round up

Blaise is home, safe,well and happy, and aware at the tender age of 16...that you can never "go back" you can visit, you can move back to the old neighbourhood...but things will never be the same, so you keep going, you make new friendships with old friends, you keep in touch, you lose your way, nostalgia is nice, but in the moment is the only place to live. Hard lessons, but better learnt early.

My good shopper brought me all I asked for and more, having explained her Mother's pining for that ephemeral "scent of Pentimento" the Pentimento man went to the back of the shop and returned with a small glass vial...now my studio is redolent with the scent of sweet cinnamon, and I am happy, smell being that most primal of the senses.

The past few days have been crazy, we have had to purchase a new car, as our babysitter only has a restricted drivers licence, so the rental companies won't let her drive their cars - the girls are happy, they know that they will soon have a car to call their own! (there goes half the spending money...) extra hours at work to prepare for 3 weeks away, timeout with Blaise last night as we saw a performance of "The money conversation" ...food for thought...(I gave it back -there wasn't any alternative)

I have been experimenting with a new dyeing method, the results are not what I wanted, but are interesting nonetheless...more will be revealed when I return.